An implant is a titanium “root” which can be placed into the jawbone. Once integrated with your bone, the implant can be used to support a crown, a bridge, or secure a complete denture. Dental implants may be used to eliminate partial or complete dentures.
Implants have been used successfully for over forty years, and have a high success rate. They function and feel like your natural teeth. Dental implants are now the standard of care for replacing missing teeth. Dental implant treatment represents a slightly greater investment than conventional treatment; however, the benefits of implant therapy for most patients outweigh the minor additional cost involved.
At Smile Point Dental, we believe in the best standard of care. A comprehensive examination and detailed treatment Planning will be conducted with our cutting edge 3D Cone Beam X ray Machine to plan each case individually.
- Prevent further bone loss in the jaw
- Prevent the formation of hollowed or collapsed cheeks that can occur after tooth extraction (missing teeth cause bone loss in the jaw)
- Are usually surrounded by gum tissue like natural teeth
- Unlike bridges, do not require the reshaping of neighbouring healthy teeth
- are usually more comfortable than dentures
If you’re looking for a clinic that can provide you with options for the best choices, then please get in touch. Our highly experienced dentist would be happy to recommend the best possible options for you.
Replace that missing tooth and get that smile back quickly!
To make an appointment today, call Smile Point Dental on 08 8336 3623